Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday

God asked us to rest on a Sunday. That is what I choose to do today as with many Sundays. I lay in my bed looking through a big window overlooking the city of Providence at the beautiful clouds and I think about how to run business better. My thoughts are laid out on paper in forms of notes, documents, forms, templates, interactive excel charts, policies and procedures. I take this day to rest from the day to day business. From putting out fires. From reacting. From working with everyone as they work. Today I take some time to be with my thoughts. With myself. With the upcoming needs of today, tomorrow and the near future...

I rise
And I take the Sun from Sunday
Let it shine
It's sweet like a Sunday
Also wise
Someday even Monday
Could remind
All of us of Sunday
with its skies
Tuesday through Friday
following close behind
For this to be, one day
Today I devise
A wide, well guided runway
One one could fly off of blind


No comments: